Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Planning the perfect scampout

In looking for the next great adventure, I began to read about two-wheel camping when my friend Phil mentioned it on the Tiogo ride. Basically, you go camping and can only take what will fit on the two-wheeler. Lucky for the wife & I, we both have two-wheels.

It's been fun looking for just the right gear. Gear that will do the job while being compact and able to fit on the scoot. Amazon.com and Academy have come through with a backpacking tent, stove, lanterns, etc, etc. The wealth of information on the net has been quite valuable.

For a first, we bought some freeze-dried meals and I tried the BackPackers Pantry Beef with Mashed Potatoes and Gravy. Wow, it was yummy. Needed some salt and pepper and it was good. Easy enough to make and saves room in the packing.

Kelli and I are excited. Our first weekend adventure camping out. We picked a spot off of Lake Lewisville that just far enough to be out, yet close enough in case we forgot something. Never can be too sure, ya know?

So, I will report back once we complete our scampout journey.

Ride Safe!

No comments:

Post a Comment