Saturday, November 7, 2009

Ride out in the country. Destination:Tioga

Today was a great day for a ride out. Been looking to group some riders up at work, so I finally got a taker!

The Destination was Clark's Outpost BBQ in Tioga, TX and the ride there was a maze of curvy winding roads through some small towns (Weston, Celina, Pilot Point). At a few points on the road, I could hear my MSF instructor-Sonny Burns- reminding me how to take the curves, don't look down, and keep yer speed up, etc.

It has so far been the best ride for scenery....old First Baptist Churches, stone farmhouses, tractors plowing the fields, the smell of grass or animals, and the feeling of enjoying the wind and the freedom. A momentous occasion was riding over Lake Ray Roberts Dam road. One side is lush farm land with livestock grazing while the other side is a big lake with boats and fisherman...all divided by a slim wall with a road on top.

The BBQ was fantastic. Clark's Outpost BBQ is a face among two-wheelers as I soon heard them all pulling up for some good eating.

Overall, this ride is a do-again ride! Next time I'll take pics.

No comments:

Post a Comment