Sunday, September 13, 2009

I did an upgrade today-Power to my iPhone

With it being rainy today, I thought it would be a good time to figure out how to keep my iPhone charged on my Mishi Ranger 250 (Jonway YY250T/MC-54-250). Good for when I want to head out for the day and don't want a dead phone at some point.

Purchased:

DC Socket with battery clamp-ons
Box of end-wire eye
Single to dual DC Socket Adapter(In case I need two at some point)
DC Plug with 2-USB adapter slots
3.5mm Stereo Female to Male plug
iPhone TomTom app

Task 1:

I cut the battery clamps off the end of the DC Socket. Replaced the clamps with the end-wire eye. Placed them on the nut to screw on to the battery...so the adapter power is always on!

I cut a 1.5" square off the side of the battery cover so the wires can come out and the battery stays covered.

Plugged the DC Plug with 2-USB adapter slots into the Socket. Plugged my iPhone cord into the adapter. This cord was a longer one I ordered from Amazon...the stock iPhone cords aren't long enough.

As of now, the iPhone power charge cord comes out from the front of the seat and goes up to the bottom of my iPhone holder to plug in to. Will have to figure out how to secure the cord down. I won't use it all the time, so I can simple store it under the seat until I need to charge my phone.

Part One Done. :)

Task #2

Since my scoot has a Radio(ha ha ha ha, if you want to call it that)with an 3.5mm MP3 input cord, I needed to add the 3.5mm Stereo Female to Male plug cord to extend the length. A hole was drilled near the top right of the glove box interior. This allowed me to run the cord behind the glove box and up through the handlebar cover. Wrapped the cord up through the handlebar cover and left enough length to plug it into my iPhone or iPod without alot of excess hanging cord.

As a reward, I bought the iPhone TomTom app...and it works really well. Will have to see how it works in the daylight. Nice to have a mounted iPhone with sound to the speakers along with a GPS for the road.

A nice day for a project I've been wanting to do for a while.

Next on the checklist.....upgrading to 45W Headlights and a louder horn.

No comments:

Post a Comment