Wednesday, September 2, 2009

1,800 Mile Maintenance and Punch List

Today Big Red goes in for her 1,800 mile maintenance. A few things to get checked on while she's there that I've noted since the last maintenance with one ongoing concern:

1,800 Mile Maintenance

* Backfires on occasion when letting off the throttle. Hasn't done that prior to the last carb adjust at 1,000 mile maintenance. I use 93 octane gas only.

* Idle RPM's range varies between 2,000 and 2,500 rpms...I manually lowered it because it was requiring alot of brake to keep the scooter still at stops.

* I was averaging about 65 mpg until the last maintenance. Now it gets 50-52 mpg.

* A few times, I hear a grinding sound coming from the back (bearings?) when starting from a stop. Goes for a a few seconds and stops

* The clackety CVT is still happening and will shake the whole bike-getting worse and needs to be looked at. When warmed up, it's consistent and sometimes I need to give it more throttle in order to get it to go. Feels like something is slipping (belt?) or not making good contact. (Clutch?). I rode a passenger last weekend and was within weight limit of the bike and it would barely take off after ALOT of clackety and slipping. I thought something was going to fall off. Not good.

* Check the hoses(fuel/Coolant). I had a coolant hose come off a couple of weeks ago before a ride and was able to get it back on there, but if you would check them, it would be great.

* Back brakes are starting to squeal. Please check and replace if necessary.

Since it will be up on the stand, I'm going to see if Mishi PowerSports will do the following as well....

* Upgrade to 45Watt headlights. If possible, would you see about installing some?

* Power DC Socket-Install a power socket in the glove box and one under the seat.

I'll pick her up next week and report back....

No comments:

Post a Comment