Sunday, August 16, 2009

DFW Scooterist JFK Ride today..

Today was the big day. Been anticipating it for some time. New social outlet with like-minded interest-Scooters! I spent Saturday evening washing and spit-shining Big Red for her debut ride with the DFW Scooterists and the Ready, Steady, Go Scooter Club.

I love history and its jots and tittles(along with all of our unlearned lessons throughout history), yet when I visit a national landmark area known for the tragedy of a fallen president, it makes the day a tad sobering.

What a great day it was. Meeting 14 other scooterists and 4 motorcyclists on this ride was an amazing experience. Yes, I was the only Chinese Scooterist in the bunch yet there were a mix of scooters in the lineup. It was more about sharing an experience of camaraderie amongst people who enjoy scootering. It was nice to know my handy-dandy ram-mount cup holder was the most desired accessory by the other scooterists.

Along the way, Jeremy's scooter kept stalling. Eventually, nothing would start it. It was encouraging to see other riders HELP someone in distress. I helped by flashing my emergency lights(since I have them).

Cagers have alot to learn here. It's about helping one another and making sure EVERYONE has a great experience. Oh, how that can be applied in so many other life situations. Maybe another blog, another time.

For pics, here's a link....

http://www.flickr.com/photos/pkguy323/sets/72157622060678768/





No comments:

Post a Comment