Friday, August 7, 2009

HOV Blunder

HOV Pylons.jpg

I love the HOV lane. It cuts a good 30 minutes off my 20 mile ride. It's not the distance, it's the traffic! So, being blessed with two wheeler and only one rider(me!), I get to use it.

Well, today was interesting because as I'm scootin' northbound on the HOV lane, my Universal iPhone mount decides to let go of my iPhone(wrapped in a Sena leather wallet case) while I'm going 60 mph. Shame on me for not checking the screws for tightness. T-CLOCS!
http://www.impactlab.com/2008/12/29/att-offers-refurbished-iphone-3gs-starting-at-99/
So, I put on my flashers and pull over to the pylon poles, fearful that I now own a crushed $600 phone. I look back and it's laying in the middle of the road. In quick thinking, I raise both my arms for the oncoming traffic to stop so I can run back and pick it up. Thankfully, the driver of the big Dodge truck stopped so I could grab my phone. He even waited for me to go back and mount Big Red and get back on the road before proceeding. At my next stop, I check the iPhone and all is well.

However, when getting back into Wylie, I notice a loud scraping sound coming from the back only when I go from a stand still for just a moment. Seem like it was something lodged in the fender...no more noise!

No comments:

Post a Comment