Monday, August 10, 2009

HOV Cager Issues

Cagers can be so impatient. I have had the "friendly debate" with my wife about what's permissible vs profitable in the arena of driving the speed limit. She likes to hurry and I like keeping my money and not giving it up because of traffic tickets.

So, today I enter the HOV lane heading northbound on 75 and exiting in Plano around Parker and Spring Creek. I stick at 60 MPH cause it's the law and I'm not going to speed. Well, as soon as I exit and get over one lane, all the cars behind me pass and either honk with the finger, roll down the windows and shout expletives and tell me what a lousy driver I am, or just blare on the horn incessantly to prove they are impatient cagers that had a bad day and going 65+ is going to solve their problems and get them home alot faster.

Simply put, I'm not going to speed...I'm not going to stop using the HOV...and I'm not going to let childish responses deter the enjoyment of scootering. Sure, I put up with blind cagers as well. They don't see me and swerve over, etc, etc.

So, let it be known that I have the legal right to use the HOV and won't endanger my life by speeding so you can get home a couple of moments sooner.

No comments:

Post a Comment